Apple Watch is designed to work best in the presence of temperatures comprised between 0 ° and 35 ° C and should be stored at ambient temperatures between -20 ° and 45 ° C. In order to maintain the device in this optimal range, Apple He has published a series of useful tips.
For example, Apple Watch should not remain unused under the direct sunlight for prolonged periods, should not be exposed to drastic changes in temperature or humidity, or be left in the car on hot days. Storage or use of the device outside the recommended temperature could reduce battery life or cause other damage.
If necessary, Apple Watch adjusts its internal temperature. In that case, you may see some changes:
- Charging times may increase or charging may stop
- The display may black
- You may see a warning about temperature
- Data transfers may slow down or be suspended
- The app may close
If Apple Watch detects temperatures higher than normal:
- If you’re wearing the device, turn it off and remove it from the wrist.
If Apple Watch is charging, remove it from the charger.
- Move the Apple Watch in a cooler location and allow to cool before wearing again or continue to load it.
Apple Watch, its power supply and the magnetic charging cable for Apple Watch complied with the standards and limitations applicable to its surface temperature. Even within these limits, prolonged contact with hot surfaces for extended periods of time can cause pain or injury.
Here are some safety tips:
- Keep in mind that Apple Watch, its power supply and the magnetic charging cable for Apple Watch heat up when connected to a power source.
- If connected, Apple Watch, the magnetic charging cable for Apple Watch and associated power supplies should not be in contact with the skin.
- During charging, Apple Watch, its power supply and the magnetic charging cable for Apple Watch should be in a well ventilated area. For example, if such devices are being charged or connected to power sources, they must not be covered.
- If Apple Watch overheats enough to create you discomfort, remove it. Take the necessary precautions if your physical condition affect your ability to feel the heat on the skin.