After the pictures and specs information leaked on the net in recent days, Google has officially unveiled its new smartphone: Pixel and Pixel XL . Let’s find out all the features of the two devices
While perhaps not remarkable by themselves, the phones are part of Google’s big push into consumer hardware today which also includes Google Home, Google WiFi, Daydream View, and more…
As expected, the pixel and Pixel XL share almost the same hardware with the only difference being the size of the display and the battery capacity:
- Aluminum unibody design, with a special glass on the back.
- AMOLED display, 5 “/ 5.5” with FHD / QHD resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, quad-core 1.15GHz 2x / 2x 1.6 GHz
- 4GB RAM LPDDR4
- Fingerprint sensor
- Battery from 2,770 / 3,450 mAh
- Main camera with f / 2.0 aperture
- internal memory of 32 or 128GB
- USB Type-C
- Bluetooth 4.2, LTE, Wi-Fi, NFC, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3.5mm jack port
- Certification IP53 (protection against dust and water)
The operating system is Google’s latest Android Nougat 7.1. The Pixel and Pixel XL comes with the new Google Assistant, and with pre-installed applications Allo and Duo, for instant messaging and video calls respectively.
One of the highlights of Pixels and Pixels XL is undoubtedly the camera 12.3MP. Which DxOMark has already had the opportunity to make its test, giving it a rating of 89; the highest for a smartphone ( iPhone 7 has obtained 86).
The new smartphone signed Big G will be available in three different colors: Black Quite, Really Very Blue and Silver.
There are also the Live Case, custom enclosures with beautiful images of Google Earth and Google Trends.