The iOS 12.2 update introduces four new Animoji and includes improvements and bug fixes.
- Four new Animoji (the owl, the boar, the giraffe and the shark) were introduced on the iPhone X and later models, iPad Pro 12.9 “(third generation) and iPad Pro 11”.
- Quick access to TV controls, thanks to dedicated buttons in the Control Center and on the screen lock.
- Thanks to the multitasking video features you can now use other apps and play short audio and video files on your device without interrupting AirPlay.
- AirPlay destinations are grouped by content type, making it easier to identify the device on which you want to play it.
- Apple Pay Cash customers can make instant money transfers to their current accounts using Visa debit cards.
- The Wallet app now shows the incoming and outgoing transactions made through Apple Pay under each card.
Time of use
- Now in “Pause of use” you can set different times for each day of the week.
- Thanks to the new switch you can activate or deactivate the limitations of the apps, quickly and easily.
- You can automatically log in to websites after registering your credentials with the automatic entry feature.
- A warning will be displayed when you access unencrypted websites.
- Removes support for the obsolete Do Not Track standard to prevent potential inappropriate use (fingerprinting) and relies by default on the Intelligent Tracking Prevention feature to protect users from tracking by third-party websites.
- You can now edit the searches you’ve made in the smart search field by tapping the arrow icon displayed next to the suggestions.
- The Discover panel shows more content chosen by publishers on a single page, so it’s even easier to discover new music, new playlists and much more.
- Adds support for the new AirPods earphones (second generation).
The update also includes other improvements and bug fixes.
- The Air Quality Index for the United States, United Kingdom and India is now supported in the Maps app.
- Settings show information about the remaining validity period for the device warranty.
- A “5G E” icon is shown on iPhone 8 and later models, iPad Pro 12.9 “(third generation) or iPad Pro 11”, to indicate to the user that he is in an area where a connection is available to the 5G Evolution network of the AT&T manager.
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messaging.
- Improve the stability and performance of Apple TV Remote on iOS.
- Resolves an issue that prevented some missed calls from being displayed in the Notification Center.
- Addresses an issue where notifications could be displayed in Settings even if no operation was required.
- Resolves an issue in Settings> General> Free iPhone space where the space occupied by some large apps and the System and Other categories was not represented correctly in the chart.
- Resolves an issue where the Memo Vocali app could automatically play recordings by connecting to a car’s Bluetooth.
- Resolves an issue that temporarily prevented renaming a recording on the Voice Memo app.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, go to the website: