WhatsApp developers are working on a new version of the application that will be compatible with iOS 9 and will also implement some new features made available by Apple with new APIs.
The beta of WhatsApp is available only to a small group of people, but we are already able to reveal all the news that is up to now.
First of all we can tell you is to work on two specific versions: the first will be released very soon and will include mainly bug fixes. The most interesting will be the 2.12.5 instead that will come later. On that latter we include:
1. New tools to edit the photo before submitting it. Currently, you can only rotate the photo in increments of 90 ° while in this update we will have the ability to turn even one single degree, just as in the native Photos iOS.
2. WhatsApp will manage the store if the phone were to run out of memory. Conversations in fact, especially those that include many multimedia files exchanged, are very heavy and Whatsapp will help us to identify them and will suggest intelligently how to free space.
3. By clicking the camera icon located to the right of the box you write your messages, you can choose new options for shooting. For example, it will be available mode 1: 1, getting picture square, as it allows us to do even the native application Camera.
4. We can choose a custom background for each individual contact.
5. We can choose a notification sound different for each individual contact, being able to figure out who wrote to us even without looking at the phone.
6. This will add the “Mark as read / unread.” It will be useful to ignore the messages without having to open all conversations, or to mark as unread messages that include an action that we have to do and we need to remember later.
7. Finally, with iOS 9 you can reply to messages directly from the notification, just like iMessage. Just drag down the notification to display the box for typing the answer, all without open Whatsapp.
8. We can also mute individual chat for several hours, a day or a week. Currently this is only possible with the groups.
We also report that WhatsApp is working to make the application compatible on the Web for iOS users.
It will most likely be added yet other features before release. Of course we will keep you updated on the subject, always here on idevicecaregh.